One Girl. One Journey

British Expat Child In Australia...

One Girl. One Journey.

We arrived in Australia On 25Th March 2015....

This was an exciting but tearful day, we were leaving our friends and family to start a new life down under.

I had mixed emotions on this day but was more excited than upset as we are a very adventurous family.  We flew with Singapore Airlines and they were fantastic.
I have Two brothers Joe (14) Jake (6) and a sister Skye 
(10) my parents are Jason (39) carpet fitter from Chingford and Mum Stacy (36) from Harlow Essex, that's where I have lived all my life until now, apart from Perth when I was 4 we lived in Perth for 2 Years.


        (DEPARTING U.K)



First Few days in.....

So we arrived at Brisbane airport and set off to pick up our rental car which was not too far from the airport.  Mum and Dad had already sorted a house so we went straight into our rental in Coomera Waters on the gold coast.  The house was massive, it had four bedrooms two living areas and a great pool.

      (RAINBOW BAY)
       (FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL)














Starting School......

So We had four weeks off school when we arrived as we arrived over the easter half term so we had lots of fun before starting school.  I was very excited but also nervous.  In the U.K I was in grade 5 but when I arrived I went into grade 4, I found the work really easy which was good :-)
I Met some nice friends but also some not so nice.  But overall it was good.


So I am now 12 Years old and what do I think of Australia? What do I miss from the U.K and do our family have any regrets ??


I am Now in my first year of High School (Grade 7). I am able to walk to school with my big brother Joe.  we are near all shops, theme parks, beaches, schools and the highway, it's very central and we have lots of things around us.

I really enjoy Movie World and Wet and Wild and it only takes 5 minutes to get there.  We also have Animal Park called paradise Wildlife Park which I love, I absolutely love animals and I love spending time there.



My sister and I love horses and go horse riding a fair bit.
                           (TAMBOURINE MOUNTAIN)






















So My thoughts of Australia.....

I Love the Australia Lifestyle, I enjoy the sunshine the beaches, we are never short of things to do and having our own pool is a great thing, my friends come over after school and we spend hours mucking around.
I still think about my life back in England a lot and compare but I honestly think I have upgraded my lifestyle, I miss my best friend Lucy and I Miss the people and family from the U.K, I can't say I miss the cold weather but i do miss the seasons.  I miss my cousins and the snow ...


My Mum and Dads thoughts...

Mum absolutely loves the Australian lifestyle and has no regrets although she does miss the people, the humor and Tescos ....

My Dad...gets very homesick a lot of the time, when we first moved here he wanted to move back...he still gets his good and bad days but I think the good outways the bad.
Since we bought a house he has settled a lot more.
He misses the culture, people and also humor.


So whats the verdict????????


So Mum and Dad always said we will give it 2 years and weigh it all up, so 2 years passed and then we nearly hit 3 years and we weighed it all up ...

and the outcome was that we all LOVE Australia, we all love England too, we all miss our family but have adapted to the Aussie lifestyle and found it to be a happy and healthy one....
We will never say forever, but for now, Australia is our home and we intend to make more special memories and take in the beauty around us and get out there and explore what we have yet discovered ... 

                    (SEAWORLD DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER)
                                  (SURFERS PARADISE WITH THE METER MAIDS)

 I will be happy to answer any questions of any child (Or adult) has on migrating .... or even if you are coming here to the gold coast, I will be happy to meet you and share my experiences.

Much Love ....Summer P  :-))))😎😎😎😎😎😎



                        (SOMEWHERE ON A GORGEOUSBEACH)

Comments

Popular Posts